Make your own Epsom salts smooth skin exfoliator and sunburn skin saver
Updated: Sep 21, 2020
Traditionally epsom salts are used as a bath soak, but there’s many more unexpected beauty benefits. Epsom salts have natural exfoliating properties and can provide a beautiful glow that’ll last long after your bath and may lift hair and skin as well as provide relief from sunburn (just be gentle and tread lightly with angry, sunburnt skin). Read on for all our ‘How To’s’ and simple steps to infuse a little saltiness into your skincare and haircare routine.
HOW TO… MAKE YOUR EPSOM SALTS, SMOOTH SKIN EXFOLIATOR
We love using SaltsAndCo Epsom Salts as a natural (and delicate) skin exfoliant. You’ll find it melts beautifully into the skin helping to gently remove dead skin to leave your skin feeling smooth and nourished.
1. Mix a teaspoon of SaltsAndCo Epsom Bath Salts into your cleanser, turning into a scrub.
2. Gently apply the mixture onto your skin using a circular motion to dissolve the salts and lightly exfoliate the skin.*
3. Rinse with cold water.
HOW TO… MAKE YOUR EPSOM SALTS, LUSTRE REVIVING CONDITIONER
Epsom can be a great addition to your haircare routine, mildly removing oils with each and every wash. If your hair is feeling a little greasy and lifeless, we have a few simple steps that can help bring lustre, volume and buoyancy back to your hair.
1. To make your epsom infused conditioner mix equal parts of our SaltsAndCo Epsom Bath Salts to your conditioner.
2. Wash your hair as usual and condition with your ‘Epsom conditioner’ from step 1. Let it sit for at least 15 minutes.*
3. Rinse as usual.
HOW TO… MAKE YOUR EPSOM SALTS, SUNBURN SKIN SAVER
For sunburnt skin a light spritz of epsom water will be enough to start the healing process. Simply dissolve our SaltsAndCo Epsom Bath Salts in water and (very) gently wash over face, saving any exfoliation until the skin has calmed down.
1. Mix 1Tbsp of SaltsAndCo Epsom Bath Salts with water in a spray bottle and mist on affected areas as needed.*
*Do not use on broken skin. If you experience a burning sensation discontinue use. It is advisable to always patch test prior to use.